Sunday, April 20, 2008

Tsukuba License

Since I needed to insure myself for at least 9million yen for the upcoming race, I decided to get a Tsukuba circuit license which provides this cover. It was the same price (36,000 yen) as just buying insurance from the Party Race organized one but this one lasts all year and gives me cheap track time too. Well worth it me thinks.

So my one and only practice day at TC2000 is coming up on the 22nd in two days time. Quite excited by that. I'm wondering what kind of time I can achieve. Previously I was thinking I should be able to get a 1'10 at least. Now, I'm kind of left wondering. The main issue I have with the car is braking. I can't seem to brake consistently into a corner where I need to toe and heel unless I'm stomping on the brakes. The effect is weight transfer back and forth leading to unstable entry meaning I slow down too much. This is just impressions from running at Fuji last time where I found the amount of weight transfer to the front uncanny compared to my RX-8. The RX-8 of course was equiped with an after-market suspension which was easier to control under braking. In effect, I think I'll be happy enough with a 1'12 if I can get that the first day out and be really happy with anything faster.

Anyway, this is a good thing in a way as controlling it will make me a better driver. The RX-8 was a little to easy in this respect perhaps. So looking forward to getting back on the track again and seeing what this baby can do. Go 73!

No comments: