Sunday, June 29, 2008

Tsukuba TC2000 08/06/21

Had a run at Tsukuba just over a week ago on the 21st. Was on new RE11 rubber so was taking it mostly easy. It was actually a very frustrating 2 sessions as there were fast cars that were slow on the bends taking part so it was hard to knit a lap together for the most part as there was always someone either on me in a corner or right in front of me slowing me down. Hmmm.

Used the two sessions mostly to try to get rid of under-steer around most of the corners by turning in earlier. I think it worked for the most part but it did mean I was corner more with the rear so the rear was a little nervous on the exit unless I timed it right. Very interesting how the behaviour changed.

I also tried a few different things on the last corner but nothing really worked. I have an image of how I want to take the last corner but putting the image into practice is scary. I know I can do it but making the jump is not so easy. I think I need more mental training on that one.

As well as new rubber I also go new wheels which are exactly the same ones that I already own. I also bought some Endless pads which I still have to put on the car to try out. I'm not happy with the Mazdaspeed pads at all on the car at the moment so I'm going to give the Endless pads a try and see if I want to go back to MS :-) Apparently the feel of the pad is not so good but at least they probably won't be prone to fade. I'm thinking to install them before the 9th when I have a Party Race practice session so I guess I'll install them next weekend.

No comments: