Monday, November 21, 2011

Brake Overhaul

Decided that my brakes were long due an overhaul and decided that rather than hand it over to a shop to do it, I should take on the challenge myself. I just did the front brakes but I learned loads doing it. I'm going to do the rears another day. Hardest part was getting the piston out without an air compressor. That worked out to be a trip to the local gas station for each caliper. Most worrying thing was the continued leakage of fluid out of the open lines while I was doing it. I need to find a way to seal the lines for the next time I think. It would have made the thing a hell of a lot easier as I had to keep an eye on my master cylinder to ensure it didn't run dry. The kit cost about 6000 yen from Mazda for front and rears. Well worth it! Nice firm brakes again.

No comments: