Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Karting 09/06/14

As the previous day in Tsukuba was such a disaster brake-wise, I thought I'd blog happier news first and show you all some karting photos from Sunday.

We did the 8pm night race again at the New Tokyo Circuit. That place is great fun and the karts are all decent for the most part. Highly recommended!

I managed to grab pole again much to the dismay of my fellow racers. K was looking pretty fast though sitting up in 2nd place and at the start the 52kg lightening rod took off and left us for dust quickly opening up a 7 or 8 car gap by the 2nd corner where he got into a little over steer and happily enough for me I got the lead back. From there on, my goal was to break into the 48s mark so I tried various things.

The most important corners are 3 and the last first part of the chicane on the last corner. Those also happen to be hard bloody corners to take just right so its very challenging to get the best out of a full lap. I got a few 48s laps with the best being a 48.736. I wonder what the ultimate lap time would have been for my car with a 70kg driver in it. I reckon there is perhaps 0.7 there for some god to steal yet. I notice the best lap time so far is 46.9 and judging from the photo that guy weighs about 50kg or there abouts. Would be fun to weigh 50kg for a day to try and beat that!

Anyway, great fun. Can't wait for the next time.

No comments: