Sunday, June 28, 2009

Brake update

Yesterday I finally got a chance to work on the car a little. I swapped out the rear pads with new new ones. It had been a while since I had replaced the rear pads so it took me some probing around to figure out how to do it. The handbrake/piston thing would back with no issues on each side. I remember doing this on the RX-8 and it was a nightmare. I guess this is how it is supposed to work. Easy...

Anyway, the left side pads had 2mm and the right ones 3mm. I wonder is this enough to be causing the problem that I was seeing. Seems like lots of pad to me (although it definitely needed changing at 2mm).

I'm in two minds about putting in fresh front pads too as they are down to about 5mm but I figure it will at least get me though the first gymkhana day on the 4th.

No comments: