Saturday, May 17, 2008

Pit stop for gear/diff oil

As I missed 3rd a few times over the qualification and race, I decided it would be best to change the gear and LSD oil again seeing that I'm nearly also at 3000 km. I've changed gear oil at 1000, 1800 and now 3000 already. Both oils needed changing as it turned out so I'm glad I did it again. The gear change has become noticeably smoother again.

I also bought a fire extinguisher which is required for TC2000 touring class runs, another set of spare Mazdaspeed front pads and some spare brakefluid. Money flying out the window again. But money well spent I think. I need to buy a little floor mat or something now to stick the fire extinguisher to in the car.

2 comments:

TAKA said...

Car racing is worse than heroin addiction Tom. Sooner or later you will find yourself planning your life around it haha.

Tom said...

Have you tried both Taka? Beg, borrow and steal or just find a sponsor... It's major fun though! Can't wait to see how the next race will be. Probably unpredictable I imagine...