Friday, May 2, 2008

Ready, steady, go!

My good friend helped me out big time on Tuesday. The man is an Internet of knowledge on car detailing. In all we spent about 6 hours together preparing the paint with washing and claying. The car was already pretty clean but it soon became super clean.

After the prep was done, we moved on to waxing and adding different coats that I couldn't pretend to understand. We used various Zaino products that my mate had imported all the way from the US. He kept feeling up the car as he went, admiring his work until it felt like the inner thigh of a beautiful women. Gotta love his imagery but I think it was suitable for when I touched our work, the smoothness put a huge smile on my face. The touch became more of a caress. Yummy.

The man didn't stop on the body though, nor just the stuff on the outside. The engine bay also got it's protective coating as did the wheels, top, and pretty much anything he could see. Something for everything - a real Mary Poppins.

About 9pm at night on the 5th hour, he thought we were done but I took out the stickers that I needed to apply for the race on the 5th. An hour later, they were all in place and we were both hungry and tired. So we headed off for food.

Next day before running to work, I had to run 3 minutes down the street to where the car is parked to admire it in the daylight. These photos don't really touch how lovely it looks and how slick it feels. Its a shame, I can't park the car inside and I can't see it every day in the daylight during the week.

Anyway, thank you - I'll try and keep it clean and the panels safe!

No comments: